I was looking for a fresh appetizer to serve outside on a warm breezy evening on the deck, and had some fresh pineapple and shrimp on hand. I adjusted an Emeril published recipe which included pineapple lettuce wraps to suite my needs, and was very pleased with the results! I served these to guests on a large platter and they disappeared before I could get halfway around the deck 🙂 —ChefFace
fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined
limes: reserve juice and zest
sweet thai chili sauce OR siracha, depending on taste
chopped fresh cilantro
head butter lettuce
fresh chopped (chunks) pineapple
crushed roasted peanuts (unsalted)
- Heat grapeseed oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute shrimp about 1-2 minutes each side, until just pink.
- Set shrimp aside and let cool
- Whisk together lime juice, sugar, chili sauce, fish sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil. Pour 1/2 mixture over shrimp. Stir and let shrimp chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Stir the rest of the lime mixture in with cilantro, peanuts, lime zest, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- When ready to service, tear palm sized leaves off of lettuce head. Place a large spoonful of pineapple in center of each wrap. Then add 1-2 pieces of marinated cold shrimp.
Pour the remaining thai sauce (with peanuts and cilantro and zest) over the top of the lettuce leaves.
- Serve those hungry guests!