This recipe is a grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free appetizer that’s easy to make and perfect for any dinner party. The salty pork, sweet glaze and vibrant texture are sure to be a hit! —Meghan Little
- For the Pork Sides
Organic Coconut Oil
Coarse Sea Salt
- For the Sauce
Paleo Sweet Chili Sauce
Bird’s Eye Chili Peppers
- Slice the pork sides to ¼” thick strips.
- Combine the coconut oil and sesame oil in a saucepan and heat over medium-high (~6.5) heat. While the oils are heating, lightly dust the pork sides with sea salt on both sides.
- Once the oil is very hot, so hot that it pops on it’s own, add the pork sides in a single layer. Cook on the first side until it is golden brown and crispy, then flip each pork side, place in a single layer, and cook until golden and crispy on the second side. This will take a little while, be patient…it’s worth it.
- While the pork sides are frying, combine the coconut aminos, Paleo Sweet Chili Sauce, Bird’s Eye chili peppers (1 if you like mildly spicy, 2 if you like spicy), ginger paste, and coconut vinegar in a food processor and blend until combined. Set aside for later.
- Once the pork has cooked, take it out of the grease and drain on a paper towel. Repeat this until all of the pork sides have been cooked to a crispy, golden brown on the outside, with a tender, chewy center. Once the pork is warm, but not molten, toss it in the sauce and serve with chopped green onions.