The combination of a hot, crisp, filled with melting cheese Quesadilla, toped with some cold, lemon chili flavored Avocado salad is wonderful as an appetizer or even a light meal —Oren
1 large quesadilla
- Avocado Salad
Large, firm tomato.
Fresh (very hot) Chili pepper (or more…)
Salt (or more)
Ground black pepper (or more)
10″ soft tortillas
Thinly sliced Ham
- Deseed the tomato (Try to get as much of the juice out) and cut the tomato “meat” to small cubes, about 3-5mm.
- Chop the Scallion (Both green and white parts) to thin rings.
- To cut the Avocado: Peel the Avocado, and cut it lengthwise, place the two halves face down and run your knife both horizontally and vertically at 1 cm apart lines to create 1 cm size pieces, then moving it to the salad bowl try to separate the pieces without meshing them.
- Squeeze in juice from 1/2 a lemon (if it is a large lemon you might need less).
- Chop the Chili very finely and add to taste (I like it very hot).
- Season with Salt and pepper, mix well (gently, try not to mesh the avocado) and fix the seasoning (Salt, Pepper, Chili, Lemon)
- Place one Tortilla on a plate. Grate (roughly) half of the cheddar cheese in an even layer. Top it with the finely sliced ham. Grate the rest of the Cheddar and close with a second Tortilla.
- Grill the Quesadilla. This can be done on a hot nonstick large pan, on your grill or under the broiler in your oven. Make sure the Tortillas get a bit brown and become crispy (on both sides).
- As soon as your Quesadilla is done, place it on a large plate, cut it (like a pizza) to 6 or 8 slices, top each slice with a large spoon of the avocado salad and serve.