- 3 ripe california avocados, split with seeds removed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes or sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup orange segments
- 1/4 cup italian parsley leaves, washed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn with fingers
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a grill to medium.
- In a medium sauce pot of boiling water cook the quinoa until tender, about 10 minutes, drain in a fine sieve, rinse under cold water and leave to dry.
- Place the smashed garlic, lemon juice, vinegar and some salt in a small bowl and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour stirring occasionally. Remove the garlic and whisk in the olive oil.
- Brush the avocados with the oil and place on the grill, cut side down, grill until charred and remove.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and toss well, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fill the half-avocados and serve.