- Test Kitchen-Approved
I absolutely love this salad because it’s full of texture and incredibly satiating. It’s light on greens and filled with chickpeas, lentils, feta, olives, and avocado, then tossed with a simple white wine vinaigrette. Serve it as an appetizer or split it in half for two entrées. This salad also comes together in just minutes and makes for a great lunch the next day. —Ashley McLaughlin
2 to 4
- For the white wine vinaigrette:
extra-virgin olive oil
white wine vinegar, plus more as desired
honey or maple syrup
- For the salad:
Juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 cups
cooked, rinsed, and drained chickpeas
cooked, rinsed, and drained French lentils
sliced Kalamata olives
3 to 4 ounces
sheep’s milk feta cheese
2 to 3 handfuls
zesty baby greens
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a jar. Seal and shake vigorously until well combined. Let sit for at least 10 minutes. Taste for acidity and add more vinegar as desired.
- Chop the avocado and toss it with the lemon juice to keep it from browning.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients together. Pour about half the dressing overtop and toss to thoroughly coat. Add more as desired, or reserve the rest for another salad.
- Top with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Hello! My name is Ashley, and I’m the photographer + writer behind the blog, Edible Perspective. LOVE // the husband // family // cooking for others // farmers markets // the first winter snow // cycling // snowshoeing // snowboarding // bluegrass // architecture // our pups // farm fresh eggs // mountains // boxed wine // breakfast // biking to breweries // clean sheets // traveling